„If a child gets told what to look for when playing, then his attention is narrowed. It then only looks at a smaller situation and becomes blind to the rest of the game.“ (Klaus Roth, etc. in Mini Ball School, The ABC of playing)
Differential learning (DL) and developing of grundstrokes by changing variations. Player starts from balance pad with fast steps on pad. The coach feeds balls out of the basket. Player plays the ball with the forehand crosscourt.
The essential of DL is to varify tasks and situations. One situation is only used in one training, In the next one, we set new .
- hanging the position of the pad
- different tasks on the pad (on one leg, with the back to the coach, standing sidewards,…)
- changing the position of the pad
- changing ballfeed (in the video the coach throws the ball over (!) the baseline
- changing target (longline, cross, long, short, with spin, small target, finishing the point with an opponent,…)
- different pads
This drill additionally develops the proprioceptive awareness.